How to apply for CSS Exam Online Step By Step
CSS Exam – Medical Test | CSS Psychological Test | CSS Interview
General Information About CSS Exam Pakistan | CSS Pakistan Information
CSS Exam is an Abbreviation for Central Superior Service Exam. The civil service defined itself as “key wheels on which the entire engine of the state has to move.”Derived from the colonial legacy of the former Indian Civil Service.
The Civil Service of Pakistan selects only 7.5% of the applicants by merit, education, qualification, and experience while 92.5% are selected by a quota system and provide equal opportunities to males and females, depending on their qualifications. The CSS exams are competitive Examinations and are held at the start of every year. CSS exams have a reputation for a very low pass percentage, in 2015, only 3% of the 12,176 participants cleared the multi-staged exam.
These Kind of Exam is conducted and supervised by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates Basic Scale (BS-17) in the following services under the Federal Government.
Key CSS Directorates | Civil Service Ministries
CSS Jobs Categories Or Different Departement For CSS Exam Qualifies
The CSS (Central Superior Service) or Civil Service of Pakistan offers the following Departments after a candidate qualifies in the exam and interview . The Candidate can join any of the Civil Service departments after qualifying for the exam following the Merit Criteria.
- Foreign Service of Pakistan.
- Pakistan Administrative Service.
- Police Service of Pakistan.
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan.
- Pakistan Customs Services.
- Commerce & Trade Group.
- Information Services of Pakistan.
- Military Lands & Cantonment Group.
- Office Management and Secretariat Group.
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service.
- Postal Group.
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group.
Parts of CSS Exam :
The CSS Competitive Exam consists of the following four parts:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce (Interview)
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by Applicants before appearing in CSS Exam.
Nationality Criteria: The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or a permanent resident of the state of AJK.
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2nd division from a recognized university of Pakistan or equivalent qualification from a foreign university recognized by HEC (Higher Education Commission).
A candidate having 3rd Division in his/her Bachelor’s degree can only apply for the exam if he or she has secured Higher Division in the Master Degree.
The age limit for candidates applying for CSS Exam is 21 to 30 years.
The age limit is relaxed by two years (making 32 years as maximum age) for candidates currently serving as a government employees or belonging to recognized tribes and areas. The criteria for age relaxation Can be seen below in the end.
Places of CSS Exam:
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.I.Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Khuzdar, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Okara, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Skardu & Sukkur.
Places of Interview :
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, and Quetta.
Dates of CSS Exam:
The CSS exams are competitive Examinations and are held at the start of every year, more likely in January or February.
How to Apply for CSS Exam – Brief
The advertisement for the CSS Exam, reflecting dates, is published in all newspapers in September each year.
Deposit the exam fee to the nearest Govt. Treasury / State Bank of Pakistan / National Bank of Pakistan. (Challan Form Can be Download From FPSC Website)
Fill in the ‘Online Application Form’ on the official website of FPSC and take a print-out (hard-copy) of the same online form.
Basic information about CSS Exam :
- A candidate cannot appear in the CSS exam more than three times.
- The age of the applicant for the CSS exam is calculated on the 31st December of the year of applying. This means for applying for CSS 2021, your age on 31st December 2020 must not be more than 30 years or less than 21 years.
- The candidate has to appear in the four parts of the CSS Exam i.e. written, medical, psychological test, and Viva-voce.
- The written exam has six compulsory papers and six optional papers (to be selected from the list). The minimum mark for qualifying compulsory paper is 40 % and for optional paper is 33 %.
- The candidate qualifying for the written test will be shortlisted for further parts medical, psychological tests, and Viva-voce.
- The candidate can apply for rechecking of the paper. The fee for Rechecking is PKR.500 per paper.
- Age relaxation Criteria: The age limit for the CSS exams is 21 to 30 years. The age limit is relaxed by two years (i.e. 32 years) for the following candidates.
- Candidates currently serving as a government employee and have remained in the same service for at least 2 years. This age relaxation will be accorded to the candidate on the provision of the Departmental Permission Certificate. Employees from Banks, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities, and Autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Buddhist Community are subject to provisions issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to recognized Tribes who are permanent residents of the areas – Baluchistan, Tribal Areas of D.I.Khan and Peshawar Divisions (including former Frontier States of Dir, Swat, Chitral, and Amb, Former excluded (Baluch) area forming part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts, Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and Hazara Divisions, Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division. The student will have to provide a certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to Azad Kashmir Territory subject to the provision of the certificate issued by Kashmir Affairs Division; Gilgit- Baltistan including Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar, and Ghanche, subject to the provision of a certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf &dumb), and visually impaired (blind), are subject to submission of a certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/ Provincial Government.
|JAHANGIR’S WORLD TIMES MAGAZINES|
JAHANGIR WORLD TIMES (JWT) PUBLISHERS
CSS COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – I
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – II
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – III
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – IV
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – V
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – VI
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS GROUP – VII
All Materials & Documents on this website/blog (urdukutabkhanapk.blogspot.com) are only for Learning & Educational purposes. It is strictly recommended to buy the products from the original owner/publisher of these products.