The History of Mexico includes the rise and fall of beautiful and great civilizations. As well as the clash and blending of Spanish and indigenous cultures, and a revolutionary war that would change the political face of the country, and renew its cultural identity.
About 3,000 years ago, the Olmecs settled in the region. Over the centuries, empires with an advanced cultures developed impressive traditions. In the 16th century, the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan was a flourishing city where royal temples stood amidst floating gardens, crowded markets, and sprawling bridges. When the Spanish arrived, they destroyed much of the city, giving rise to what would become today’s Mexico City.
For three centuries, Mexico was part of the Spanish empire until 1810 when it gained its independence. In 1846, the independent land lost nearly half of its territory to the United States. And in the 20th century, revolutionary characters helped shape today’s Mexico.
The following Pdf Books Collection consists of List of18 books on the History of Mexico in PDF format.
List of 18 Mexico History books | List Of Books About Mexican History
1) A brief history of Mexico. The Classic Period to the Present By Steve Maiolo
Source: Peters Township School District
2) The Occupation of Mexico May 1846 – July 1848 By Army.mil
3) The History of the Conquest of Mexico By William Hickling Prescott
4 The Mexican-American War By Robert E. Lester, James Shields, and Meredith Wells
Source: Welcome to LexisNexis
5) The Mexican Revolution By Colorado Springs School District 11
6) Olmecs: Where the Sidewalk Begins By Jeffrey Benson
Source: Western Oregon University
7) Maya, Aztec, and Inca Civilizations By Core Knowledge Foundation
Source: Core Knowledge Foundation
8) The Olmec, Maya & Aztec By Thomas County Schools
Source: Thomas County Schools
9) Pre-Hispanic central Mexican historiography By H. B. Nicholson
10) Archaeological Mediations of the Conquest and Constructions of Mexican National Identity By Justin R. Hyland
Source: University of California
11) Path dependence in development: Evidence from the Mexican Revolution By Melissa Dell
Source: Harvard University
12) Mexican California: The Heyday of the Ranchos By California State University, Northridge
13) Mexico’s Tradition and Culture Entering the Digital Age: The Mexican Cultural Heritage Repository Project (Article By José M. Morales-del-Castillo1, Pedro Ángeles Jiménez, and Claudio Molina Salinas)
14) The Aztecs (Article By Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores Gobierno de Mexico)
15) Colonial Mexico (Article By Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores Gobierno de Mexico)
16) Mexico after the Independence (Article By Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores Gobierno de Mexico)
17) Olmec monuments as agents of social memory By Mollenhauer, and Jillian Louise
18) Aztec Mythology: The Influence of Aztec Mythology on Mexican Culture and History By James W. Salterio Torres
Source: University of Houston
Read and Download More Recommended Books Below
All Materials & Documents on this website/blog (urdukutabkhanapk.com) are only for Learning & Educational purposes. It is strictly recommended to buy the products from the original owner/publisher of these products. Our intention is not to infringe any copyright policy. If you are the copyright holder of any of the content uploaded on this site and don’t want it to be here. Instead of taking any other action, please contact us. Your complaint would be honored, and the highlighted content will be removed.